Margherita Bianchin - Florida International
LakePoint, Ga. – Florida International's top pair of Margherita Bianchin and Federica Frasca continued their season long dominance at the Surf and Turf Invitational last weekend by going undefeated to earn this week's Coastal Collegiate Sports Association (CCSA) Beach Volleyball Pair of the Week honors, the conference office announced on Tuesday.
The duo finished the weekend with a perfect 6-0 record playing across multiple flights for the Panthers at the Surf and Turf Invitational. The pair opened the weekend playing in the No. 3 flight and defeated No. 4 Florida State's pair in three hard fought sets. The Italian pair then defeated No. 3 UCLA's pairing of Nicole and Megan McNamara in three sets. They closed out the first day of competition with a third win against a ranked opponent as they defeated No. 12 Arizona State's No. 2 pair in straight sets.
On Saturday, Bianchin and Frasca picked up where they left off as they moved up to the No. 1 flight and defeated fellow CCSA members Tulane and Florida Atlantic, while also taking down New Orleans in straight sets to finish 6-0 for the weekend. The duo now sits with a 12-0 record this season as their play helped FIU win four matches at the Surf and Turf Invitational.
The Panthers will head to Tallahassee, Fla. next and compete against some more tough competition at the Staybridge Suites Invitational.
CCSA Beach Volleyball Pair of the Week – Apr. 4th
Margherita Bianchin & Federica Frasca, Florida International
Sophomore | Treviso, Italy / Freshman | Rome, Italy
- First Career CCSA Beach Volleyball Pair of the Week Honor for both
- Posted a perfect 6-0 record at the Surf and Turf Invitational last weekend
- Opened play with victories against No. 4 Florida State, No. 3 UCLA and No. 12 Arizona State
- Closed out weekend with wins against CCSA members Tulane and FAU
- Won twice in the No. 1 flight and added three wins in the No. 3 flight
- Hold a perfect 12-0 record on the season; helped FIU win four matches at Surf and Turf